*This is a private event
About the Event
Corruption is a pervasive, corrosive problem in many countries that undermines public confidence in government institutions, threatens human rights protections, and destabilizes individual countries, regions and the international order. With its 2017 Democracy Award, the National Endowment for Democracy recognizes the work of five courageous individuals who have fought to expose corruption at the highest levels, in turn risking their careers, their freedom, and their very lives.
- Claudia Escobar, Guatemala
- Denys Bihus, Ukraine
- Rafael Marques de Morais, Angola
- Cynthia Gabriel, Malaysia
- Khalil Parsa, Afghanistan
The Honorable Paul Ryan
Speaker, U.S. House Of Representatives
The Honorable Nancy Pelosi
Democratic Leader, U.S. House of Representatives
- All cameras and media must register with NED public affairs.
- Please email email@example.com to register as a member of the press.
- Guests must provide photo identification upon arrival.
- Please arrive early to provide enough time for security. No food or drink, please.