Forum Research Council
Research Council News
- Ivan Krastev examined "Putin's Self-Destruction" in light of Russia's new anti-corruption law in Foreign Affairs on June 9, 2013, co-authored with Vladislav Inozemtsev. ::MORE
- Lilia Shevtsova asked "Is Democracy in Retreat?" in an article published on June 4, 2013 in The American Interest. ::MORE
- Larry Diamond offered closing remarks about developments in Tunisia, Egypt, and Libya at a Stanford University CDDRL conference held in Tunisia. Read his comments, available in English and Spanish. ::MORE
About the Research Council of the International Forum for Democratic Studies
The Forum Research Council is a group of approximately 80 scholars and specialists recognized for their outstanding work and expertise on democracy and democratization. It includes experts specializing in particular regions and countries, as well as scholars who study broader, comparative issues. Research Council members represent a wide range of theoretical and intellectual perspectives, reflecting the diversity in the field of democracy studies.
Research Council members participate in Forum activities by:
- Providing intellectual input on research topics
- Participating in Forum panel presentations, working groups, and roundtable discussions
- Contributing articles to the Forum’s Journal of Democracy and other Forum publications
- Building organizational partnerships with the Forum to conduct joint conferences and research projects
See a list of Research Council members and learn more about individual members and their participation in Forum activities.